Handy Video Recorder
10 “Scene” presets ensure great results in various environments—even low-light venues like nightclubs.
These include “Concert Lighting” (where adjustments are made for lighting conditions that can drastically change) and “Concert-Low Light”, both designed for dimly lit locations.
There are also specific Scene settings tailored for shooting at jazz clubs and rehearsal studios, as well as outdoors – even at sunset and at night.
The Q4n shoots in a variety of HD and WVGA formats, from high-resolution 2.3k video (2304 x 1296 pixel/30fps/24Mbps 3M HD) down to compact 30fps/5Mbps WVGA files.
It has a greatly improved aperture (F2.0 to be exact) for bright, brilliant video, as well as a 160° wide-angle lens, and five steps of digital zoom.
A USB port lets you connect your Q4n to any computer or iPad* so you can use it as a web camera or USB microphone.
You can also stream live, transfer recordings, and recharge your battery.
– High-quality 160° wide-angle lens (F2.0/16.6 mm)
– 10 “Scene” options for use in different lighting environments, plus five steps of digital zoom
– Records directly to SDXC cards up to 128 GB for extended recording times
– Easy one-button recording
– Full-color rotating touchscreen LCD
– Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
– Video bitrates up to 24 Mbps for extended image quality and frame rates of up to 60 fps (at 720p) for capturing fast-action video
– Self-timer function to delay video recording by 3, 5, or 10 seconds
– HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
– Records video and audio in MOV format
– Can be used as standalone audio recorder, with data saved in AAC and WAV formats, up to 24-bit / 96 kHz
– Built-in stereo microphones can be configured for A/B or X/Y, capable of handling sound levels up to 140 dB SPL
– Analog-style level control with onscreen level metering and 2-color status LCD on lens
– 3 Auto Gain presets for automatic control over audio input level
– Stereo input for use with external devices plus support for plug-in power
– Headphone / line-level output and built-in speaker for fast audio monitoring
– Supplied windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
– USB interface for live streaming and data transfer
– Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encoder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
– Webcam and USB mic function (with low-latency direct monitoring) when used with computers and iPads (Apple Camera Connection Kit required for use with iPad)
– Includes rechargeable Li-ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter) with battery life of more than 3 hours
– Built-in standard tripod mount and included tripod-to-3-prong adapter for compatibility with all action camera mounts