Thunderbolt™ Audio Converter
The compact, rugged TAC-2R audio interface uses the latest Thunderbolt™ technology for blazingly fast speed,
near zero latency and the ultimate in high-quality audio, up to 24-bit/192 kHz.
With its easy-to-use design and advanced converters, the TAC-2R is perfect for studio and field recording of mics and instruments,
onstage playback, and pristine audio streaming. It can even serve as an ultra-stable MIDI interface.
Enhance the audio you enjoy everyday.
Plug your headphones or speakers into the TAC-2R instead of your computer’s audio outputs and enjoy streamed high-resolution audio – all the way up to 24-bit/192 kHz—in full fidelity.
The TAC-2R gives you all the tools you need to create great audio.
Flexible routing options allow you to use a variety of microphones and instruments, with high-quality preamps to ensure crystal clear sound.
There’s even Direct Monitoring for zero latency overdubbing.
In addition, Thunderbolt carries 10 watts/18 volts of power (as compared to the 2.5 watts/ 5 volts carried by USB 2.0)—enough to provide stable phantom power. This also allows the use of high-end components such as the Burr Brown PCM4202 analog-to-digital converter and AKM AK4396 digital-to-analog converter in the TAC-2R.
The TAC-2R performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion.
In other words, when the sampling frequency is set to 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz, the TAC-2R processes the signal at high resolution 176.4 kHz or 192 kHz. For A/D conversion,
this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity.
The Zoom TAC-2R comes with a free download license for Steinberg’s Cubase LE music production software, providing not just the ability to capture incredible high-resolution / low-latency audio in every box, but to do spectacular things with it.
Take your recordings to a more professional level. Steinberg’s powerful and state-of-the-art audio software used by creators around the world now comes with every Zoom TAC-2, TAC-2R, and TAC-8 purchase.
– 2-in/2-out high speed Thunderbolt™ audio interface
– Support for recording and playback up to 24-bit/192 kHz
– Ultra-low latency audio streaming
– Two combo balanced XLR/TRS input connectors accept both mic- and line-level signal
– Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass
– Switchable +48V phantom power
– Two balanced TRS output jacks for connection to amplifiers or self-powered speakers
– 1″ headphone jack with dedicated level control
– Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
– Large knob output volume control
– Direct Monitoring switch for zero latency monitoring in mono or stereo
– MIDI In and Out
– High-performance mic preamps with up to +60 dB of amplification
– 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
– Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
– Bus powered—no AC power required
– Robust metal housing ensures roadworthiness
– Works with all Thunderbolt-equipped Macintosh computers running OS X 10.9.5 or later